My experience vlogging



I have recently stepped into the world of vlogging with my company Twilight Visuals. Vanessa and I decided to use the video style to help give our brand a face. We both feel like we are more connected to a brand when you can see the people behind it. You can connect with them and grow with them as they progress and feel as though you have helped them achieve a bit more in their business just by supporting them.

Gradually I am getting more confident with filming in public, the more I relax the more I can take time to capture shots I want to show in our vlogs. I may get some random stares but I'm now just trying to take them on the chin, plus a lot of the time I think people are just intrigued to know what you're doing and hope you're not filming them. With doing something you enjoy you just have to be confident, even if it does seem alien to everyone around you.

Getting filming every day programmed into my daily routine is something I have struggled with. As I'm currently working from home I just tend to get on with what I'm doing and don't necessarily push the record button to film every little thing, but I guess that's what makes up a vlog. It's our daily life, but right now I feel mines not all that interesting - so sad - at 23 I don't have an interesting life - stay in school kids. Let's be real though you don't want to sit and watch someone working for a whole vlog do you?

Plus I think a problem is if you're having a bad day, vlogging those moments for all to see is very personal - and I can't say i'm ever in the mood to talk to anyone or see anyone let alone film myself having a bad day for everyone to look at.

What vloggers do in a way is quite admirable, they film their every moment - the good and the bad - and I think that's what draws us into watching strangers personal lives. We can relate to them. I guess it's something I will gradually get the grasp of the more it's implemented into my life. I do aim in the new year to start daily vlogging for my own personal channel as I think it will be very rewarding and will encourage me to film everyday.

Keep an eye out on this space!

   - Hannah x

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Style Widget