My Holiday Essentials





I've been back from Spain for nearly a week now and not going to lie I definitely have the holiday blues. After ten lovely days away in the sun, England's weather really isn't cutting it. Today I decided to shift through all of the photos and footage I took whilst away to help with being back in reality and thought why not share some of my holiday with you guys. So here are my essentials when I go away.


I'm going to start with the most obvious boring stuff but the most important! 

1. Passport.
2. EHIC card/Travel insurance
3. Money
4. Boarding passes/Maps/Satnav

1. The first thing on my list is my passport because lets be honest you aren't going any where without it and as much as it would be great to stay on holiday forever, we have to return back to reality at some point. Can't get back in if you don't have it! We're also pretty lucky in the UK as the British passport allows you to travel into around 175 different countries visa-free, so no excuses there on not travelling, however this may be changing in the coming years due to Brexit, fingers crossed it doesn't. 

2. If you are travelling to an EU country then it is wise to get a European Health Insurance Card otherwise known as the EHIC card. This is free and entitles you to free or reduced health care in the EU and other participating countries should you need it. It is also wise to pay for travel insurance and make sure it covers all of your needs, such as your health, contents, lost baggage and cancellation. You never know what may happen on your holiday, as much as you try to make sure it's perfect things can go wrong sometimes and there is nothing worse than having to pay out for a whole new holiday wardrobe with money you don't have. 

3. Money is a key factor of any holiday. You have spent a fair amount to get there and stay there, might as well make sure you can enjoy yourself as well. We tend to be quite lucky in the fact that the pound is usually pretty strong, so when you convert your money it is literally like magic happening before your eyes. I always like to shop around for the best exchange rate and I have found recently that the supermarkets tend to be the best, for Euros anyway. I decided to order my travel money through Tesco which was nice and easy and I was able to collect from store within a couple days. If you have left it until last minute however, as long as you order your travel money (main currencies) before 2pm you can collect them the next day. 

4. Boarding passes are pretty easy to forget, doesn't matter how many times I get emails reminding me to print them off I always put it off. If you do forget your boarding pass or have a problem with it, for instance it has the wrong passenger name on it, this can be easily sorted when you check in so there is no need to panic. Just make sure you have it so you can get on your flight. When I'm not flying and travelling with my parents, boarding passes are swapped for maps and a satnav. There is nothing worse than being lost in a foreign country so it's always best to be prepared with both. As much as a satnav is supposed to make navigation easier, sometimes it makes things more confusing if it isn't up to date. Going back to a map can bring you back from breaking point!


Next is all of the important electrical equipment!

5. Cameras & equipment
6. Portable charger
7. Earphones/Headphones
8. Travel plugs

5. You are on holiday making memories, why not keep those memories and show them off to everyone at home. I always take my digital slr with me, some people think it's unnecessary but it produces stunning pictures and I always film on it as well, got to capture the beautiful scenery. My new addition is my GoPro, which I highly recommend. It is a little pricy but so worth it for high quality footage and it is also waterproof, so needed for any waterpark or sea adventures. Obviously don't forget your chargers as there is nothing more heartbreaking than taking your equipment with you and not being able to use it. 

6. That leads me onto portable chargers, they literally make life so much easier. They are a little box of heaven! They are simple to use, charge them up over night and take them out with you to charge your phone or even your GoPro. A portable charger is definitely a travel must have in my book!

7. Now if you are a music fanatic earphones are always going to be on your list. As much as I love music I tend to pack earphones for my flights for when the child in the row behind me is screaming and crying in my ear because they have been told off by their mum for misbehaving. This obviously doesn't happen on all flight but majority of the flights I have been on it has happened and I'm sorry but I don't enjoy it.

8. TRAVEL PLUGS! It's all well and good remembering your chargers and hairdryers but its not if you can't use them. Make sure you have packed a couple of travel plugs and make sure they are the right ones depending on where you are travelling to.



Can't survive without our beauty products now can we.

9. Insect repellent
10. Pro Fix spray
11. Milkshake: Incredible milk
12. Tropical paradise body wash
13. Sun cream
14. After sun

9. If you are like me, mosquitos seem to sniff you out and eat you alive. I haven't had as much problem in recent years when visiting France and Spain but I always take insect repellent with me just incase. Don't want itchy bites all over you for your holiday.

10. Pro Fix spray is literally every girls dream. As much as I love to go on holiday and have the excuse to not wear any makeup and get the sun on my face sometimes it is just needed. I've tried NYX cosmetics fixing spray but I have found that Revolution make-up's pro fix spray is the one that works for me. It's oil controlling and seems to keep my make-up on so much longer. I also used it when I went to the waterpark and my base make-up and eyebrows stayed on looking fine all day ever after getting splashed in the face all day.

11. This next product is an absolute must have and not just for your holiday either. Milkshake: Incredible milk is basically a leave in hair mask. It repairs all hair types, controls frizz, prevents split ends, provides heat protection, maintains style, detangles, adds shine, as well as body and volume, protects and maintains colour and also protects from UV rays. If that isn't enough to convince you it has also just been named the best hair treatment at the 2016 Beauty Shortlist Awards. I absolutely love this product and it has definitely saved my hair whilst I've been away. Currently however you are unable to purchase this in shops but you can get it from your hairdressers and also now places like Beauty Bay, which is, secret from girl to girl, a few pounds cheaper! Nothing better than being able to have beautiful hair and save money all at the same time.

12. Smells are a big part of a holiday as weird as that sounds. You can identify a smell with a place, a time and even a memory. That's why I always chose a different body wash and if I can, perfume, to use whilst I'm away and then also when I'm home to take me back to the sunshine and long warm evenings when I'm suffering from my holiday blues.

13 & 14. These are really joint products. Sun cream and after sun are always essentials, even if it isn't that hot it's important to protect your skin. Plus after sun always leaving your skin super conditioned after it's been abused by heat, chlorine and sea salt. I always get Nivea as it is a well known leading brand and I have grown up using it.



Miscellaneous essentials.

15. Sunglasses
16. Notebook
17. Book
18. Pack of cards

15. Obviously sunglasses! Good for keeping the sun out of your eyes and adding a little bit of something to any outfit. I got these tortoise shell cat eye sunglasses from Newlook for £7.99.

16. A notebook is so handy for any information you may need. If you don't have wifi where you're staying it's handy for drawing maps and jotting down numbers for cabs. Or if you're a blogger it's useful to write down name of places you've visited and when for your blogs when you get home.

17. A book is always a must have when you go away, even if you aren't much of a reader. I don't really read much but when I'm away I love it. It helps to pass the time on the plane and it's just nice to read when you're beside the pool sunbathing.

18. Last but not least, a pack of cards. They may not seem essential but I assure you, if you're on a group holiday they can be used for any game if you're having an indoors day due to bad weather or sunburn and on those evenings when you have an all inclusive bar and need to play drinking games.


Hope you've enjoyed my holiday essentials.

   Lots of love Hannah x

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Style Widget